Monday, September 20, 2010

So Much Time, So Little To Do...

Today was a really boring day at school. Because basically, I had the normal French class first hour, but then second and third I had étude (study hall) because my teacher for both Social Science and French was gone for the day. She had to take her son to the doctor because he is sick :( Apparently there is something going on with his mouth... I wasn't entirely sure because I couldn't really understand her but the rest of the class made faces which led me to believe that whatever it is, it's quite painful. So I feel sorry for the little guy and I really hope he's better soon.

But anyhow, I had two hours of study. I which I didn't do much of anything. I worked a bit on my final project, the TFA. It's basically this huge paper on our topic of choice. And when I say huge, I mean huge. We're talking 30-50 pages here. In book form. With tables of contents and chapters and footnotes. Really intense stuff. The topic that I chose is: The Evolution of the Arts through the 20th century and entering the 21st century. Good stuff right? It'll be in 3 parts: Performing Arts (theatre and dance), Visual Arts (film and photography), and Music. I made a very basic outline for the project today and intend on starting it soon, considering it will be a boatload of hard work, especially considering it will be in French.

After my two hours of study, I had math, in which I got my first math test back. 23/45. As far as I'm concerned, that is not bad considering I didn't understand half of what the test was asking of me since it was in French. So I'm happy with that score, especially because there were other students who speak French that did worse. So go me!

After math was lunch, where I met up with a girl from my jazz dance class, Mathilde, and we found an empty room and ate our sandwiches and then she taught me the first of a three part dance that I have to learn for a performance on November 20th. It was really great because I spoke a bunch of French and found that I'm starting to be able to speak without having to strain my brain. We had great conversation and I only had to ask her to repeat a couple times and as far as I know, she understood just about everything I said too! Plus the dance is easy and fun and I'm picking up on it quickly.

After lunch was double English. And the nice thing about English is that since the professor is having the Americans read books, she doesn't need us to be in class, so we are able to go to another empty room to read. So Talia and Mikayla and I spent the last two hours of our day talking and reading and doing homework. Which was relaxing. Today was a very easy day at school. And after, we went to a local restaurant and got some croissants, mine with raspberry and theirs with chocolate. After enjoying the wonderfulness that is Belgian food, we hung out at the café for a while, as is typical, and I was hit on my a 60-year old man. He was definitely drunk, but my friends were with me and they were talking to him in French and laughing so I know he was harmless. He kept saying that I was too young for him. Yes, this I know.

Now I'm home, and I think I'm going to make it an early night, considering I wanted to chuck my iPod at a wall this morning when the alarm went off. Bonne nuit!

No comments:

Post a Comment