Sunday, September 12, 2010

A Day of Celebration



Today is a special day on the blog of The Belgium Blogger. Friday was my parents' 22nd wedding anniversary, and today is my aunt and uncle's first wedding anniversary. As you all can probably tell, I have been very contemplative lately. And having these two anniversaries these last couple days, I've been thinking about love and marriage and beginnings.

My parents have always told stories about the journey that their love took when they were young and dating, and how it has only grown over the years. Of course, I wish the same for myself in the future. My parents are so in love, it's wonderful to see every day. I am so grateful that I got to have that kind of loving influence throughout my entire life. I've often said that I'm spoiled, because I saw that kind of relationship and now I will never settle for anything less in my own life. Since when is being spoiled a good thing? I guess in this case, though, it definitely is!

It was one year ago today that my uncle married his long-time "other half". And I can't believe that it has been a year already... Again, it is so wonderful to see the happiness between them. I am so blessed to have so much positive love in my family. My aunt is now pregnant, about to have her baby any day! A little boy, named Charlie. We are all eagerly anticipating his arrival! And the best part is that this is only the beginning for them. One year is nothing in the grand scheme of things. And I know that they will have many happy years together :)

So today is a day of happiness. It started off extremely rough for me, but knowing that my life is filled with love has gotten me through :) And I love them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment