Saturday, September 18, 2010

One Month - I'm Grateful For... Everything


Ok so this weekend was "La Fête de Wallonie". And I have lots to say about that and pictures to post as well, but it's is 1:17am and after two nights of the craziness of Namur, I am way too exhausted to talk about that right now.

But today I noticed that Maxabella posted a linky on her blog for the things that we are most grateful for. And I decided to participate in this one because this week was rough, and I would not have gotten through it without all the things in my life that I am so blessed to have.

This week, I am grateful for people. People make you feel better when you are sad. People help you when you are lost. People explain to you how to buy fries in the French-speaking cafeteria at school. People encourage you when you're having a rough day. People are the best! And when I say "people" I am specifically referring to my friends and family. They are getting me through this experience without a doubt. I have been here for one month, and it would have been disastrous without all the people that have pulled me through it. But even more so, I am grateful for all the people that made this possible for me. My family, for their support and encouragement in my decision to go abroad. My friends, for being there for me and cheering me on as this experience drew nearer and nearer. Rotary, for sponsoring me and allowing me to have this fantastic opportunity. My host family, for being completely wonderful and welcoming. Madame Beck, for introducing me to this amazing program, and helping me through the entire process, as well as encouraging me and being basically the best French teacher ever :) I would be completely lost without all the things I learned from her, both in the French language, and in life. And I'm being completely sincere. Thank you to all.

I am also thankful for another amazing happening this week. Friday, at 1pm, my baby cousin, Charlie, was born. You all remember my aunt and uncle's wedding anniversary, and how I said the baby was due any day? Well he's here! And we welcome little Charlie John into the world with open arms :) I only wish that I could have been there with my family to celebrate this joyous occasion. Now I'm just waiting for pictures and I couldn't be more excited!

I am also thankful for a few other, materialistic, things. Skype. AIM. Cell phones. Facebook. Email. Basically technology in general, specifically the technology that allows me to keep in touch with the people that I love back home. Letters also. I love hand-written letters. There is just something so thoughtful and heart-warming about receiving a letter :) I am grateful for Mac & Cheese, peanut butter, and pizza. I am grateful for hugs. I am grateful for memories.

I am grateful for life, basically.

Tomorrow, I post about la fête. Promise. Bonne nuit :)

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you had a rough week (me too) but we get by with a little help from our friends, right? And warm hugs, of course.

    Charlie is a fab name. Welcome to the world little fella.

    Thanks for linking, Emma. Looking forward to hearing your news. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to your little cousin Charlie. I am sorry you've had a tough week. Your blog is absolutely the prettiest one I have seen in a long time. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete