Saturday, September 11, 2010

Beastin' Up The Blog

This the third post I have for the day... And it's the last, I promise. This is my average, this-is-what-I-did-today post.

Last night, I spent the night at Talia's. This seems to be becoming a regular occurrence. One that I thoroughly enjoy! We watched "Julie & Julia". Which means that I have now seen that movie three times since I've gotten here. And I don't mind one bit. I love that movie! But of course, what is a sleepover without girl talk? We paused the movie multiple times to talk about the States and what we miss about home. Not even so much homesickness conversation, just the little things that we miss. This is what we came up with:

-Mac and Cheese
-Peanut Butter
-Driving (this is a big one)
-College-ruled paper
-Black pens
-Texting
-Cake
-Breakfast with eggs and pancakes
-Artificial, fattening food (ironic, huh?)
-French toast (you'd think they'd have it here, right?)
-Warmth or cold... Not in between
-Being barefoot
-Spending every spare moment with people

There were more, but this is what I remember right now.

Anyways, I left Talia's around 11 for dance. And I have to say, I am beyond grateful that I get to dance here. It is one of the most stress-relieving, freeing things I do. Not even that, but it's so different here for me... The dancing is not different, it's basically the same thing. But the fact that I have no idea what anyone's saying (other than the steps, cause they were in French in the States too) and I don't know what people think about my dancing makes me dance that much better. I'm not worrying about impressing anyone or out dancing anyone or standing out or anything like that. I'm just worrying about doing something that I love. And when that's what is on my mind, I do so much better. If I do say so myself, I danced beautifully today. I felt like I was floating, all through class. One thing I did understand today, was after our leaps, the teacher said that mine were beautiful. She said that I flew through the air. And that just made me feel so good inside. After so much soul-searching this week, that compliment was the perfect little me-boost :)

After class, I went home and ate lunch with the family. Because it was Saturday, it was a big, nice lunch. And I tried a couple different kinds of cheeses... One that actually had ashes in it. I'm not entirely sure why, I couldn't understand everything my host dad was telling me... But regardless it was tasty. Of course that could be because I just really like cheese...

After lunch, I went with my host parents and Damien to a little castle. Just because we could. It was beautiful. They were doing all kinds of restoration on it and every room was gorgeous. My favorite part, though, was the toilet. Because it looked like a throne. Literally! It was upholstered and everything. Very regal, with a nice pile of toilet paper rolls next to it. The grounds were gorgeous too. And they had a machine that cut the lawn by itself! It was like a Roomba for the grass! I thought it was pretty cool. There was also a private church on the grounds and we went to see that too. It was little, but it was breathtaking. I make it a habit not to take pictures in churches, but with this one I just could not resist. So beautiful.




We then went back home and I went for my bike ride, which is all written about in the previous post. Then I came home, ate dinner (pasta with chicken and zucchini, salad with some sort of flower petals in it, bread and cheese... yummm) and that was the end of my night. I went up to my room and continued to write three blog posts :)

Church in the morning. I will understand none of it. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment