Thursday, September 16, 2010

I'm Running Out Of Creative Titles...






Last night, I did not post. And that is because I was absolutely exhausted and I had stayed up late the last couple nights on Skype and I definitely couldn't let myself get roped into the internet. So I made myself go to bed around 11pm. Still not early enough... Tonight, after my dance class I intend to get right into bed. That means sleeping by 10! Maybe...

Yesterday was a very very good day though :) Yesterday was shopping spree day! Yesterday was Wednesday. That means two real classes and out of school by noon. Talia and I caught the bus right after we got out and went back to her house where we ate lunch with her whole family. It's incredible how good oven pizza is here. After lunch and getting a lovely hand-drawn map from Talia's host sister, Madame De Wulf drove us to the train station in Huy to catch a train to Namur for some serious shopping. On the way to the station, we got a text from another exchange student from Mexico, Eduardo, and he ended up meeting us at the train station and coming with us! I'm glad he enjoys shopping, because I told him that if he slowed us down, I would kick him out. But he's good company!

We arrived in Namur around 2 40 and spent about 10 minutes trying to figure out how to get out of the train station. It's huge! But the architecture is great. By 3pm we were in the city, deciding which shop to go to first. It ended up being Zara, which is like an H&M but a little more high class without being too expensive. Very popular in Belgium. Over the course of the next three hours, we went to quite a few stores and I spent-- well, it's kind of shocking... Are you sure you want to know? Ok fine I'll tell you. I ended up spending about 230 euros yesterday... But I got a lot for my money! Ready? I'm about to give you all the breakdown of where these 230 euros went:

Zara--
*3 cardigans, 12.95 each. One brown (I've been looking for that forever!), one gray, and one royal blue.
*1 skirt, 6.99. Adorable! Turquoise with little flowers on it.

Pimkie--
*2 scarves, one 8.95, one 7.95. The first is gray with silver running through it and the second is plain black, but super soft. Lovely.
*1 long silver pendant necklace, 5.95. It's the type with a bunch of pretty shiny dangly things all bunched together at the end of a chain. Very pretty.
*1 short silver pendant necklace, 5.95. This is the same type of bunchy necklace, but with less things and a little bow halfway down the chain.
*1 pair of earrings, 3.95. Silver dangle earrings with a silver bow and an embossed pearl at the end.

H&M--
*1 scarf, 9.95. Yes, I know I went a little accessory crazy... But this one I could not pass up. Cream colored with pink and red roses on it. It also has green in it because of the leaves of the flowers.
*1 pair of black thigh-high tights, 6.95. It's a basic essential!
*1 pair of black leggings, 7.95. I owed Talia money, so these were hers.
*1 sweater, 19.95. Cream with navy stripes. Very warm and comfy. Exactly what I need in the chilly Belgian weather.
*1 pair of capri yoga pants, 14.95. I didn't bring any sweatpants with me! And I can't keep wearing shorts in gym class; it's just too cold. They are basic black with a foldover waistband.

Camaieu--
*3 pairs of skinny jeans, 19.95 each. I know, three pairs seems like a lot. But I NEVER find skinny jeans, so I took advantage of the fact that these actually looked good on me. Besides, it's necessary for wearing boots. One pair of dark wash, medium wash, and black wash.
*1 pair of earrings, 5.95. Gold dangle earrings. Circle pendants with a wood finish back and a pretty gold overlay. They were necessary!

éram--
*1 purse, 19.90. Gray with fantastic pockets, cute lining and a really cute embellishment in the corner. I really did need another. I brought one bag with me!


There it is. The breakdown of everything from yesterday. And then today, I spent another 65 on a pair of black boots... I know I know I'm a shopaholic! But I promise, this is it for a very very long time! Cross my heart.

After shopping, getting Eduardo on a train home, and having a heart attack when I calculated how much I had spent, my host family met up with Talia and I and took us to dinner at this very classy Lebanese restaurant. I was so excited because I absolutely adore Lebanese food, since I am Lebanese. And I will be completely honest, it was, hands down, the best Lebanese food that I have ever had at a restaurant. I have never had spinach pies that tasted so much like the ones that my grandma used to make. Fantastic hummus and tabouleh, along with many other traditional Lebanese dishes. There was good company, good conversation and good food. Not to mention a great atmosphere! And this was all after a great day of shopping! What more could a girl ask for? So I'm sure you now understand why I basically passed out when I got home.







And then today happened. I don't know why, but I was just in a really pissy (for lack of a better word) mood all day. There was no reason for it though... I had my first test of my exchange today. In math. It wasn't a complete disaster, but I definitely had a hard time with it. And my brain ached after. But then I went and bought those boots and I was extremely happy because it takes me forever to find boots I like. I'm so picky. Then I hung out at the bar with my friends, went home, did some ab workouts, took some artistic pictures of my jewelry (cause I'm a dork) and I have dance in a couple hours and I'm happy.

This weekend is a giant party in Namur called the Fête Wallonie. I think that's how it's spelled... Anyway, it's a huge blowout and there will be food and music and crazy people and it's all in the streets of Namur. I'm going with some friends and we're leaving right after school tomorrow and spending the night there. I am so excited! But this also means that I probably won't be writing tomorrow. However! If this party is as epic as everyone is making it out to be, I will have an epic post up on Saturday or Sunday, so check back for sure!

And now this post is getting long and I still have to add pictures... Blogger won't let me right now... Although perhaps by now, you have already seen the pictures that are not yet added... But that is irrelevant. Until this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment