Sunday, September 19, 2010

The Little Things...

The weirdest little things remind me of home. Like just now I glanced at the clock and it said 12:08. Instantly I thought, 5th period is over. Time to see my boyfriend. And this is not a sad thought, and doesn't upset me, I just think it's interesting how such little details of my life here can send me into a whirlwind of reminiscing and memories. But again, not in a bad way. Because like I have said before, my life here is separate from my life in the States. Everything from home is distant. Some things, like the time on the clock, bring me close for a while, but then it's over and I'm back, enjoying my life en Belgique. Which is why I can now talk to my friends and family without being sucked into depression. Which I enjoy :) So now, I think fondly of home, and live happily here.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray! That's the perfect way to be this year, Emma. Fondly of home, happily in Belgium. Love it. x

    ReplyDelete