Friday, September 24, 2010

September 24 in Belgium

It's Friday. Thank God. This week lasted forever. I had a few tests this week, I had homework this week... It hit me that I'm back in high school. Wasn't I supposed to be done with this in June??

Today was school picture day. Which meant that we missed a bunch of class to go outside and goof around on benches and chairs and take really fun pictures with our class. The only downside to this? It was quite chilly today and it has been raining here so it was muddy and the benches sunk into the ground and I definitely almost fell off a couple times! But it was nice getting out of class :)

Todays schedule consisted of the usual hour with Père Boly, three hours of French, an hour of Geography, an hour of English, and an hour of Science. In those three hours of French, we watched a movie. In French. That I didn't understand. But I enjoyed it nonetheless. With Père Boly we took pictures and ate chocolate. In Geography, we took pictures, and in Science we took a test. But because I am hopeless with the French language, I didn't take said test. Instead, I read an article, in French, about Chernobyl. Lovely. In English, we went to our special room to read our books. Except we didn't end up reading. Somehow, we got into a very intense discussion about our lives. And it was difficult for us. Let's just say it left Talia a little less than calm.

Because I am a good person and a fabulous friend, I decided that I was going to do something very nice for her. So after school, before heading to the bar as usual on Fridays, I stopped at Point Chaud and bought my friend a waffle. And I walked into the bar and ran up to her and gave her the waffle and huge hug, along with the reassurance that I will always be here for her :)

At five o'clock, my host mom picked me up and took me home. And I have been here ever since. Watching Ratatouille, Facebooking, and talking to people. Great for a Friday night, eh? I have to say, that is a big frustration for me. There were definitely things that I could be doing tonight. And what is keeping me from doing them? My lack of transportation. Oh how I wish I could just take my keys, get in my car, and drive wherever I wanted, whenever I wanted. I miss that. *sigh*

FOOD FOR TODAY!
My dinner was: Chicken in a curry sauce over rice with salad in a mustard dressing. Delicious. Not too spicy and full of flavor. Chicken melted in my mouth and the dressing was a perfect compliment. Not to mention it smelled incredible. No dessert today because when I got home from school, Karine gave me an eclair covered in chocolate from that wonderful bakery. And I ate the whole thing. I even ditched the fork and knife. It was so good.

That is all for today. Average, boring. Tomorrow, kayaking with Rotary! Expect pictures :) Bonne nuit.

1 comment:

  1. :) :) :)

    THANK YOU EMMA!!!

    I hope your night wasn't too terrible.

    ReplyDelete