Sunday, August 22, 2010

Rough Day...

Today was not my best of days... I woke up early to go to mass at 9am. I was completely confused throughout the entire things because I didn't understand really any of it. Because Catholicism is pretty consistent around the world, I knew all the parts of the mass and knew where we were at and what would be happening in English, but did I understand any of it? Nadda.

So then I got home and was going to go for a run, but then I got really upset and sat down on my bed and next thing I knew tears were forming and next thing I knew after that I was waking up and deciding that I would rather be sleeping then be in Belgium so I slept more and then more and then even more and before I knew it I had been on-and-off sleeping for like 7 hours. Then I decided I couldn't sleep anymore, but I didn't want to go face Belgium so I stayed in my room and read my book for 2-ish more hours. So after that I went for my run and showered and ate dinner with the family. So then I Skyped with my biological family.

Today was pretty uninteresting. As far as food, because everyone loves a good food description (hehe), I had the best croissant on the planet today. It had this wonderful sugary syrupy something in between the first couple layers and let me tell you, it was like heaven. Not that I know what heaven tastes like, but I imagine it's something like that. And then my host mom insisted that I have some of this other pastry which was filled with chocolate and cream. Almost like an eclair but WOW so much better :) I slept through lunch, but dinner was rice and chicken with some sort of yellow sauce and pineapple. I'm not sure what it was but it was quite delicious. And that was accompanied by a salad and, you guessed it! ZUCCHINI!!! Hehe yes I ate another stuffed zucchini flower today :) And for dessert, rhubarb tart. Again, I don't remember ever enjoying rhubarb before, but it was wonderful!

I should rename this blog, "Food of the Belgium Blogger"... Just kidding :)

1 comment:

  1. We miss you Emma! The fam came over for a cookout yesterday and we could not stop talking about how lucky and blessed you are for this life experience. Then we started taunting Alex, who kept falling asleep in the middle of the floor.

    ReplyDelete