Sunday, August 29, 2010

Peanut Butter Makes Me Happy





I really wish I could get the videos of these musical groups up for everyone but Blogger is being mean :(

Instead, enjoy pictures of my weekend! I was with Rotary all weekend, staying in a hostel in Huy for a informational weekend. Which actually turned out to be decently entertaining :) I got to meet a bunch of people, make friends, trade pins for our hideous blazers, and dance! We sat listening to a lot of rules and regulations (in French ughh), but we also got to walk around the city of Huy and see some old cultural things and such. Which was, of course, followed by more lecture. But it was all rewarded on Saturday night when the DJ came and set up and we had a dance party! Rotary gave each of us two tokens also, which were redeemable for drinks. So, I took the leap of faith and had my first beer. Ever. Because I don't drink, I was told to take the one that was dark instead of light because it was fruitier and not as strong. I can't say that I really liked it... To me, it was medicine-y. I was also told that it's girly beer and you would never catch a guy drinking it, (my host brothers later confirmed this) but I was completely ok with that. It wasn't entirely terrible, I just didn't particularly enjoy it.

By the way, the food was not worth talking about.

I also did not get much sleep, and am very tired. So I'm going to leave it at that for tonight.

Almost. I have to make it known that I had zucchini again tonight. My host mom made a giant omelet casserole type thing with zucchini in it. Very delicious. And Belgian chocolates for dessert :) Oh and the reason for the title! My very good friend Brittany surprised me with some peanut butter a few days ago! It has been living in my room and I cannot stop eating it. My, how I love the stuff. I am a peanut butter addict, and I freely admit it.

Ok now really, that is all. A demain!

1 comment:

  1. Just writing you a quick note to let you know that I'm enjoying your trip so far. Keep writing. x

    ReplyDelete