Monday, August 30, 2010

Friends :)

Meeting people and making friends has to be the best thing in the world. People make people happy :)

Today I woke up to rain. Lots and lots of rain. And it rained the majority of the morning while my host mom and I figured out the phone situation, went to the bank, the school, and the grocery store. It rained while we ate lunch and while I sat in my room watching Julie & Julia. But then it stopped when I went downstairs to help my host mom make tiramisu, which is surprisingly quick and easy to make! And after we finished that, I went for a nice run. I did 2.5 kilometers (1.55 miles) in 10 minutes and 15 seconds :) I was very proud. Once I got back, the real fun started.

My friend, Talia, who is also here from the United States, told my that a bunch of our new French friends were getting together to go to Hannut for dinner tonight, so I went with. I only knew one of the girls so I got to meet a lot of new people, which was great! I really like the people that I will be going to school with. They are very very nice and I'm sure once I can speak more French, we'll be getting along splendidly! We went to this little restaurant for dinner where I had what I guess would be the Belgian version of a burrito. It was a tortilla with chicken and vegetables and feta cheese all wrapped up and grilled. It was really delicious and absolutely huge. The only reason I finished it was because I ran today! Then we just kinda chilled and hung out in the Grand Place in the center of Hannut. It was a lot of fun!

I start school on Thursday and I have to say I'm very excited for it! I've been looking forward to meeting people and speaking only French and learning things in a different setting. I've been going to the same schools with the same people for so many years, it'll be great to have something different to do. And I should be starting my dance classes soon too, which I am also really looking forward to. I miss dancing a lot and can't wait to start up again!

By the way, I still think it's weird that they refrigerate neither milk nor eggs. Just saying.

Tis all for the day! I meet my Rotary club tomorrow so we will see how that goes! Keep reading :) Bonne nuit.

No comments:

Post a Comment