Saturday, August 14, 2010

On the Bright Side...

I am pretty much finished packing... My mom and I managed to get it all in suitcases and be substantially under the weight limit. But I forgot to record what I packed... The only things that I still need to pack are accessories and underwear and things that I can't pack until day of, such as this laptop. Basically the rest of it is all packed up!!

That's the good news. The other good news is that Ryan came back today!!!! He came over in his uniform and everything and I just ran and jumped into his arms first thing. Then he came inside of course and got the third degree from my parents (hehe not really they were just really interested in what it was like and asked a lot of questions) before we retreated to the heat of the basement (no air conditioning) and he passed out on my couch because he's so exhausted. We even took a couple pictures, but I had forgotten to put the memory card back in my camera so we lost those pictures :( They would have been so cute too... Oh well I fail. Now we'll just have to take more!

Now these are the good things... It's time for the bad news. I don't think I am leaving on Tuesday anymore! I sent my passport and paperwork and such to the travel agent a couple months ago, and she sent it off to the consulate in New York City. And now, it's Sunday, and she has not received my things back to send them to me. They just haven't been processed! So now, I cannot leave on Tuesday because I do not have these essential forms!! So what it's looking like is that my departure date is going to be set back a couple days... Which sucks in a way because I have been preparing for Tuesday. But in another sense, it's good because I get some more time with the people here that I love. So I suppose we'll just have to wait and see how it goes...

I think that is all for today. Overall, I'm happy. Just a little frustrated. But life is good :)

1 comment:

  1. Argh! One step forward, two steps back. Hope you get it all sorted out and can still leave on Tuesday as planned. x

    ReplyDelete