Tuesday, August 17, 2010

And So Begins My Obsessive Blogging...




Yes, I am already posting pictures from the flight. Today, at approximately 9 45 am, I said my very emotional goodbyes to my mother, father, sister, grandmother, best friend, and boyfriend, and continued through security to sit in the Cleveland Hopkins airport for a couple hours to wait for my flight to Philadelphia. At approximately 11 40, we boarded the plane and at 12 noon we were in the air. I stayed awake only to take a few pictures and then passed out almost immediately until we landed about an hour and a half later in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. And now I am sitting here, at 2 38 waiting for our 6 15 flight to Brussels. Ugh.

So the good, the bad, and the ugly of this morning. Let's start with the bad/ugly. We got to the FedEx ten minutes early to get my passport and visa, which I was told was going to be there, no doubt, at 8 30 am. Of course, we get there and they tell us that yes, they probably have it but they can't give it to us until 9am. Ugh. Talk about stressful! The Rotary club had told us stories about other people who didn't get their passports and visas until the day they left, but we all just shrugged if off with a "that sucks" and went on with our lives. Little did we know it would happen to four of us! (one kid still doesn't have his :/) Also, I cried a lot. And then they took my peanut butter :( That was terrible.

Now the good :D There is much more of this. I have the best friends ever. Four of my friends woke themselves up early this morning to see me off from my house. I didn't sleep much last night and was up at 4am, but seeing my friends and how excited they were and how much they would miss me... Well that just meant the world to me. It's a great feeling to be loved, ya know? Also, my incredible best friend, Miss Kaitlyn and my fantastically wonderful boyfriend Ryan came to see me off from the airport. And although the waterworks were definitely flowing, I wouldn't have had it any other way. My entourage made it so much more emotional, but also having that support was something I would never change. Saying goodbye was definitely hard, and there were lots and lots of tears, even after they left me. But luckily I was traveling with my good friend Brittany, and she got me through those couple hours. Now I am starting to really feel the excitement, even though I am missing the people I love already. I'm sure it will sink in even worse in a couple days and I'll be sobbing in my bedroom, wanting my mommy and a big hug from Ryan... But for right now, I'm content, maybe even a little excited :) Definitely nervous, and for sure terrified. But it will be a good year... I will be posting again soon!!!

2 comments:

  1. I think that this blog was a brilliant idea! Maybe you'll be the next "Julie Powell!" Lol! you have yourself a reader! Good luck, safe travels and Bon Voyage!!

    ReplyDelete