Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I Just Want To Go Home...

I just really need to post something somewhere and tell someone what I am feeling right now. I just need to get it out there because it's eating me alive inside.

I want to go home.

I've been here for a week now. And I'm tired. I'm tired of trying to speak broken French and understand broken English. I'm tired of putting on a brave face and saying how wonderful everything is here. I'm tired of attempting to comprehend another language. I'm tired of being friendless and family less. I'm tired of wishing I still had my boyfriend. I'm tired of feeling sick in the mornings because I thought my dreams about being home were real. I'm tired of not being hugged every day. I'm tired of crying. I'm just tired of not being home.

I just want to go home.

Now I hate Parma. I really do. There is nothing there. Except the people that make it my home. And that's why I want to go back. I want to go back to everyone. I want to get my daddy hug and be happy with my boyfriend. I want to be back where I was two weeks ago.

I just want to go home.

3 comments:

  1. my darling emma, be happy!!!! you're in belgium! keep busy and eventually you'll forget about missing everyone. just think about how awesome it is to be in another country with super nice people, amazing food, and hot host brothers :) don't waste such an awesome experience on being sad.

    lots and lots of love always, midg :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Em,

    I don't know if you got my email the other day, but I fully understand what you are going through. I wasn't much younger than you when I went away from home to school.....and that was only to Wickliffe!! But we had no phones, internet or other ways of communicating with family. It was hard. It is hard. But it WILL get easier as you get involved in school and make new friends. And before you know it, you'll be packing up to come home and crying because you have to leave your new friends. Know that many, many people in your CHurch family are praying for you. I'll have the Staff say a prayer for you this morning. Hang in there kiddo!

    Pere Ray

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you guys. I really really do. I don't know if anyone actually ever comes back to see if people respond to comments, but you are all the best.

    Bisous,
    Emma*

    ReplyDelete