Tuesday, October 5, 2010

More Blogging About Cookies

I took my wonderful home-style American chocolate chip cookies to school today. And they were a huge hit! All the Belgians loved them and everyone was asking for the recipe :) I'm thinking this is going to have to become a regular thing with me. But I enjoy making cookies so it'll be fun! Plus my host mom wants me to teach her how to make them too. It's so easy, it's just different from what the Belgians are used to. I mean, it's practically unheard of to put baking soda in food here. But obviously, it makes for some pretty freaking amazing cookies!

I had two hours of étude today right after lunch. Because of the circumstances, this meant that Talia, Mikayla, and I were allowed to leave for those few hours. So we went into Hannut and ate lunch at Point Chaud. I had a "Panini française" with brie cheese, lettuce, walnuts, and some really delicious sauce. It came with a little green salad and it was so delicious. I love eating. I think about food all day. And I eat a lot of it. It's bad. Rotary told us that the average girl on exchange gains twenty two pounds. I refuse to gain that kind of weight. So I need to start limiting myself on the chocolate and waffles. It's just so good! Of course, the weekend in France didn't help. They just kept feeding us!

Anyways, I lost my point. The point was that I found out that during those few hours, I can walk the five minutes to the Academy and use the dance studio. So I did that today and worked by myself for about and hour and half and it was very useful. I think I'm going to make it a regular Tuesday thing. The only part about it that I didn't enjoy was that I was sweaty and had to go back to school after... But it was a cool enough temperature out that by the time I got back to school I was all aired out again (hehe)

Alright so that's about all for today. Tomorrow, and for the rest of the week, almost all the students in school are going on retreats, myself included. They're not all necessarily "retreats" like we think of them in the States. For me, I'm going with two other girls to help little kids. Some people are going to homeless shelters. Others are helping the poor, while others are doing hiking and camping. It all depends. We were able to choose which one we wanted to do. However, I did not choose. Mine was chosen for me. But I'm content, because I still get to sleep in my bed and go home every night.

Tomorrow, I will talk about my first day on retreat. For now, bed time. À demain!

No comments:

Post a Comment