Friday, October 15, 2010

The Best Sleepover Everrrrrrr

My host dad wore red pants today.

Today was an average day at school. I had quite a few hours of study because a lot of the teachers are gone on the retreats with the students. So that was pretty boring. But it was also good because I managed to write a whole 2 and a half page long letter to my French teacher back in the States. All in French! I was really proud of myself. Yes, thank you, I know I'm amazing.

Just kidding.


Also, an interesting tid bit, Mikayla found that she was wearing the same shirt as Edwardo today. Just a button down shirt from H&M, but we found it very amusing and decided that it was picture worthy.






After school, Mikayla came home with me and we stopped at a woman's house to get some fresh vegetables. It was pretty cool because it was like a grocery store in this woman's backyard. Interesting right? I thought so. Afterwards, we stopped a bakery where Mikayla and I each picked out some delicious little cakes for a snack. When we got back to my house, we ate our cake and then decided to make ourselves useful by introducing the Belgians to the wonders of pumpkin seeds. They never eat those here. My host mom conveniently had decided to make pumpkin soup part of our meal this evening. So Mikayla and I spent a while removing the goo from the seeds and then threw them in the oven for about a half hour. And they were delicious. My host family was amazed.


We then spent some time in front of the television and computer, watching MTV in French and not understanding anything, but being a little bit shocked and appalled at how disgusting MTV can be. No surprise there. We then had dinner, which was pumpkin soup, followed by a meat with the delicious Liègois sauce over rice with beetroot (I don't expect anyone to recognize that. We don't seem to have it in the States. It's a vegetable) in a cream sauce. Wonderful dinner. Although right after dinner, we discovered that my eye had turned a lovely shade of red. And was beginning to hurt. So I took out my contacts and took off my makeup and I have no idea what the problem was/is, but it's slowly returning to normal.





Mikayla and I then decided it was time to put my expertise to work and make chocolate chip cookies. Which turned out PERFECTLY. I am the best. Well, at cookies at least. Arnaud, you'll be glad to know that these won't make you cry. They are perfect slightly warm with cold milk. Even my host mom agrees. Hopefully, there will still be some there for us in the morning.

Now, we are going to figure out which movie to watch, and then it's bed time. Tomorrow, we're thinking French toast for breakfast. Yum. Bonne nuit.

No comments:

Post a Comment