Thursday, October 21, 2010

For All Those Affected By This Tragic Loss...

I have no words left for you.
I wish there was something I could say.
I've scoured my brain for the right words.
Something. Anything. Just to make you realize

How much I love you.


I've sat alone and pondered,

Reflected, with nobody but myself.

Wandering around the vast emptiness of my mind

Searching.

For Something. Anything. To show you

How much I love you.


To be separated by time and space

At this time of tears and grief

Is such a cruel trick of fate.

But my thoughts have been exhausted

Of Something. Anything. So that you understand

How much I love you.


So I am left with one thing.

There is only one word left.

This word that is always there.

Overused and underappreciated.

One word, cliché and old.

That holds the only truth I am sure of.


Love. I Love you.


I know it is not much, but it is all I have.

And I hope you see

How true it is.

And forgive me for my lack of creativity,

But I have nothing left.

Life took it all.


And here I stand, with one word

To make you realize, show you, so that you understand

How much I love you.


L.


O.


V.


E.






Nick, I love you. We are all going to miss you so much. But you are in a better place now, wrapped in the arms of our Lord, and he will keep you safe, for the rest of your eternal life. You were like a brother to me. And though this loss is tragic and we are all grieving, we wait for the day when we can see you again. In the meantime, we enjoy our lives because we know that is what you want. And when that day comes, and we meet again, I am going to give you a hug. Because I will miss you. And then we will all be happy, together, forever.


Dessoffy family and friends. I love you. All of you. So much. And I promise, even though I can't be there for the funeral today, I am sending all of my prayers, thoughts, and love your way. At this moment, the funeral is beginning. And I have never been more serious when I say that I am with you in spirit. And you can come to me at any time. Literally. 3am works for me. I am ALWAYS here for you. You are my family, and you come first. And again, I love you. Big hugs from Belgium.

No comments:

Post a Comment