Sunday, October 24, 2010

I Got Through This Week...

So I think I finally have the energy to post again. Even though I really feel like after everything that happened this week, anything I post with just be something pointless and trivial. Death really puts things in perspective.

But I will quickly write about my week anyways.

Last weekend was fantastic. I spent it with Mikayla, baking, talking, and just overall having a great time. Monday, we went to see an exhibition in Brussels all about America's historical connections to Europe. Sounds kinda lame? Wrong. It was, by far, the best, most interesting exhibition I have ever been to. It was full of great information, really moving stories, wonderful artifacts and interactive exhibits. It was so well put together and I was very, VERY impressed with it. Not to mention everything had an English translation, so that was nice too.

The week was difficult and not much happened that is out of the ordinary. Talia and I did a little shopping on Wednesday afternoon in Liège and ate a wonderful Hawaiian pizza and spent a good chunk of time wandering around trying to seek out the best waffles in Liège. Which we did eventually find, and thoroughly enjoyed.

This weekend, I went to a David Guetta concert on Friday night with some other exchange students and had a great time. I met some new people, danced a lot and just overall really enjoyed myself. David Guetta only played from 2am til 4am, but the other DJs were great! Hadley (another American) and I left around 3am and I slept at Hadley's house. I didn't wake up the next day until 1pm, which is really uncommon for me. I met my host mom at the Liège train station around 5pm and we went to mass. Which I didn't understand. I then went home, changed, and met up with some people in Hannut for some food and then we all went over to our regular café. And I drank fire. Quite literally. It was a drink that was lit on fire and you drink it through a straw and the fire chases it down. It was actually really cool and it tasted great. But my throat was burning a little afterwards because, hey, I drank fire! I spent that night at Talia's, eating ice cream and watching "He's Just Not That Into You". I didn't get to sleep until about 5am, cause I couldn't sleep. But then we woke up today around noon. We ate and talked and spent sometime with another Belgian and now we're at my house and Talia is spending the night.

I realize that this isn't quite as well-written, thought out, or thorough as my posts usually are. But I'm sure you all understand how difficult this is and how hard this week was. My mind isn't really entirely into blogging right now. But I hope you enjoyed hearing my antics for the week. I'll try to get back into regular posting soon. Bonne nuit.

No comments:

Post a Comment