Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Better Day. And Orange Pants.

I'm going to start a list of the interesting colored pants that my host dad owns. Today, we add orange to the list.

Today was rough. But better than last night. Last night, I had a major breakdown. I haven't cried that much since before I got here. It was pretty bad... And Belgians don't seem to believe in Kleenex so I was blowing my nose in toilet paper. Lovely, right? But I didn't do any crying today, though I came close once or twice when I got really frustrated with life.

Good news is that it is Wednesday and that means that it was only a half day. Now granted, the three hours of real courses that I did have (the first was Père Boly as usual, which doesn't count), all we did was take notes while our substitute teacher lectured. And this was incredibly frustrating for me, as she talked very fast, and everyone was speed writing and I just could not keep up, though I tried. I have found that if I just listen, I can usually understand, but the minute I start writing, my focus is split and I fall behind extremely quickly. It's not good. Plus, I'm sick. I now have a full blown sore throat and I am exhausted. Good news is that it seems to be just the throat. My head is fine, my nose is fine, I don't have a fever or a stomach ache. So hopefully this will pass soon. I slept for about four hours after school today (after a wonderful lunch of vegetable soup and omelet) and I'm sure that I will still sleep a full night tonight. After that four hour nap, I did feel much better, though I just sat around like a couch potato all afternoon and all night. Which I'm ok with.

Tomorrow, I only have to go to school in the morning because my afternoon teachers won't be there. Yay! So I will probably sleep more tomorrow night ha.

Today, I read a lot of posts on other blogs that I follow about body image. It seems to kind of be a theme for today. And it was so incredibly helpful. I'm quite grateful for it. Because that is what my entire breakdown last night was all about. It's funny how God works, eh? Through blog posts :) But I am being very cautious about what I eat now. And there is Belgian chocolate in my room and it is taunting me. I was supposed to run today, but I think the fact that I'm sick is a good excuse. Besides, it's so dang cold! But I do have dance tomorrow so we'll see how that goes...

This blog post is really spiratic and ADD but hey, that's me. It's 9pm now and I am going to do some homework and then go to bed. Bonne nuit tout le monde.

No comments:

Post a Comment