Sunday, October 17, 2010

Day 2 Of A Fantastic Weekend

This is Mikayla and Emma weekend. Yesterday, I spent the day at Mikayla's. And I slept there that night. We spent the day vegging out, eating, trying out different makeups, and drooling over her fantastically attractive host brother. I mean... eating cookies... Actually the cookies did turn out magnificent, and we gave one to the FAHB so that he could be saved from his previous assumptions and opinions about the super fail that was chocolate chip cookies (Talia and Mikayla attempted before, and from what I hear, it didn't go well, and I am the best. Just kidding... Sorta...) However, he found them to be too soft. What do I have to say to that? You're insane. Everyone else loves them, and they are perfect. Bleh.

Anyways, it was a very calm night. The family was gone for the night, as her host mom is currently at the hospital, her host dad had a party to cater, and the FAHB was at a party. So it was just me and Mikayla, chilling, raiding closets, playing dress up and making food. We had a few moments of patheticism (yes I made up that word) and feeling sorry for ourselves, as we had no party to go to. But in the end, we were really able to bring the fun.

Of course, you know that I am now going to elaborate on the food that we made. When it came time to have dinner, we went down and tried to find something to make ourselves. This turned out to be more difficult than we expected. Finally, we came across some tortellini that was filled with spinach and ricotta cheese. We decided that was a good idea. Then we decided that we needed a sauce to go with it, and we chose a light lemon butter sauce. However, as I began making it, it quickly turned into a rich creamy cheese sauce. It's the same thing, right? Well either way, it turned out to be quite delicious, though I could not tell you how I made it. It was a completely spontaneous type of sauce-making experience. I enjoyed it. And the end result was enjoyable too.

We ended the fantastic night with Mikayla cutting her hair and then watching the movie 27 Dresses, which turned out to be quite a complicated adventure of Googling and streaming. But in the end, we got to watch it and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Now we are back at my house for what promises to be another great day! Expect more blogging later.

No comments:

Post a Comment