Thursday, March 24, 2011

Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick

I stayed home again Tuesday because I was sick. I have this terrible cough which is causing my throat to hurt, and I'm almost positive that I had a fever Monday night. It's just a nasty cold, but it was enough to keep me in bed until noon on Tuesday. Unfortunately, I had to go to a Rotary meeting on Tuesday night, regardless of my physical state. So around 6 30pm, I got myself up off the couch and Karine came to get me to go to the meeting.

It was a rather calm and uneventful meeting. We had a sort of shrimp scampi, followed by lamb stew with potatoes and apple cake with strawberries for dessert. However, I never did taste the dessert because I became once again very ill, but this time with the worst chest pains/heartburn I've ever had in my life. We had two men presenting something about some sort of organization having something to do with the Jews doing World War II, but to be honest, I hardly heard a word of it as I was pretty sure my heart was exploding. Finally, towards the end of the presentation, I was able to leave the room and go outside and get some air. Thankfully, one of the Rotary men is a doctor who speaks decent English, and as I couldn't find the words to describe the sensation I was having other than "my chest hurts, my chest hurts", it was fortunate to have him there. He was pretty sure it was a bout of acid reflux. Yuck. But I went home, drank a bunch of water, took a good hour and half to fall asleep, but woke up the next morning completely fine. Even my cold seemed to be decently diminished.

Wednesday was yesterday, our half day, and nothing happened out of the usual. School, lunch, hang with the host fam and talk to a couple friends. The only thing was that it was super nice outside and I walked home, which did me a lot of good. Having the sun shining on my back as I walked along without a coat on was glorious.

Today, it also was beautiful out. So during our study, the exchange students went over to that spot in the middle of Hannut. Remember? Where we hung out for Aymeric's birthday way back when? Mikayla and I took a little rush to the grocery store to get grapes and raisins (where they were playing Ice Ice Baby and we rocked out, getting weird looks) and then we just all hung out in the sun, eating our various forms of fruit. We got out of class early and did the same thing after school. I then walked home again, which I enjoy more than I remember in the States. I also had dance tonight, which wasn't terrible, but I'm still kinda down on the fact that I really feel like I've lost some of it since I got here... But now I'm exhausted and it's sleepy time. À demain !

No comments:

Post a Comment