Saturday, March 26, 2011

Dance Exam!

Quick recap of yesterday: I didn't do anything exciting. But I was rejected from NYU.

Today is Saturday, which means normally I would have had a dance class for two hours this morning. Instead, though, I had the EXAM for ballet today. Which, I have to say was quite stressful. Lucky for me, I danced for a good two hours beforehand because I had to go up to school for rehearsal for the theater. Then I went to the Academy, where the teacher was there, along with another woman who came and the director of the Academy. Everyone was all snazzied up, looking exactly the same with white tights and black leotards and black skirts (except me with the ballet pink tights) and we went through our normal barre routines that we've been practicing for weeks for this exam. Then we had a few combinations in the middle before four of us changed into pointe shoes to do a couple more combinations and then a huge piece across the floor. And I have to say, I think I did really really well! Which I was relieved about, considering I've been really worried about my pointe shoes because they're still not very well broken in and I fell on Thursday... But no falls today and I did some pretty rockin turns. After that, we each showed a little piece of choreography that we did ourselves. I did mine almost completely improvised on the spot because I, like always, procrastinated and couldn't remember my choreography. But it went very well and I was told multiple times by the woman that it was wonderful and I had danced very very well :) :) So I'm content with the exam!

The rest of the day was pretty normal. I went home, made myself some odd combination of rice and egg and tomato, watched Julie & Julia for maybe the 10th time this exchange, ate dinner with the fam and little Léo, and tried to understand League of Legends. It's only 9 30 at night but I'm exhausted. Bonne nuit !

1 comment:

  1. Awe, Em. Sorry you didn't make it into NYU... they have no idea what they're missing out on! But I'm sure the rejection isn't an obstacle to keep you from dreaming away.
    Love ya et gros bisous ♥

    ReplyDelete