Tuesday, March 15, 2011

On A Fait La Grève

Today, we had a strike at school. The first time in my life that I participated in a strike, and it was completely involuntary. We started school two hours late today after having Monday off (which I spent watching How I Met Your Mother at Talia's house) and when I got there, I found out that in fact, we did have class the third hour either cause we were on strike. And actually, it's the teachers who decide when we strike and they just basically say no, were not giving our courses today. Thankfully, it was super sunny and warm out today, so we were able to go outside and talk to our friends and catch up with everyone since we'd all been apart for the last week on vacation. Also, during our strike, a couple of the teachers set up a barbecue in the courtyard. Interesting, right? After strike time was over, we went to class as usual and then went home and ate, made a cake for Talia, who's birthday is tomorrow, and went to dance. Which may very well have been the most frustrating class of my life. Sometimes the language barrier really gets to me. Not to mention that I'm aggravated that I've been progressively losing my dancing skills since I got here. But enough complaining. Life is good, right? Right. *sigh* ok, it's bed time for Emma. Goodnight all.

No comments:

Post a Comment