Saturday, March 19, 2011

Dress Rehearsal

Today was our first day of the weekend of theater. I woke up bright and early around 8am to be at school at 9am for our full day of dress rehearsal for the show at school. Except almost none of the dancers brought their costumes today. And of course, we started late as always. The dancers were banished to a classroom (not really, but they needed to run scenes on the stage), and we spent the morning rehearsing and finishing the dances. We also discovered that Bad Romance will now be sung by three very talented singers who actually sound really really great. And it was sprung on me today that I am still going to do a number to a song called "Libertine" with another girl named Julie. We are going to do a little Chinese number with lights and screens and silhouettes in a more classical ballet style. But we only have a week and a half to get it ready. Plus, I have the rhéto dance, another short number, and a duet thing with a girl who is singing a song called "Luxure". It's a lot to do!

After our lunch break, we ran through the entire show. Which took over 5 hours. The show is estimated to be about three hours long in the end. And all my stuff is in the second act. But after today, I do feel better about most of the dances. A lot of people told me that the dances look really great and especially Bad Romance. I really think things are starting to fall into place. We have another rehearsal all day tomorrow and then about a week and a half until "opening night". The show is based around the 7 capital sins. The few scenes that I saw today were really well done and a lot of them were hysterical! The Belgians are really surprising me with their skills. Hopefully after tomorrow, we'll be even farther along the path to success!!

Oh and after a nice dinner of racqulettes (remember, the melted cheese with potatoes and meat and stuff? That makes you fat fast?) my host brother and father had fun trying to crack hazelnuts with their hands and elbows and smashing them with the nut cracker instead of actually using it. It was really very entertaining. Then I had chocolate chip cookies that resembled EXACTLY Chips Ahoy. With a glass of milk. It was a good day.

Now I must sleep to be ready for tomorrow. Lots to do, little time and all that. Bonne nuit tout le monde !

No comments:

Post a Comment