Thursday, May 19, 2011

Let's Play Charades

Today was a very average day. I don't have much to say. I know, shocker. But I feel the need to post because I have less than 2 months left and I really need to be recording these last stages of my exchange. It seems that a lot of the exchange students are falling into a sort of homesickness now and everyone is looking forward to going home. I'm kind of in a state of oblivion. It is not sinking in that I am leaving this country so soon. And everyone someone says it, it makes me sad because the truth is that I do not want to leave. I have made so many friends and I have my second family here. Of course, it goes both ways. I wake up some morning wishing that I was waking up in my bed or that I could go into the kitchen (without having to go downstairs) and get a hug from my daddy while I pop a bagel in the toaster because bagels exist. And of course, I still want to just jump in my car and go somewhere when I feel like it. I am sick of school... I'm ready to be done with that nonsense. I'm in Europe! I want to travel and see things that I can't see in the States. And even though, yes, I do have a few trips planned for the next couple weeks, I feel like I have so much to see and not enough time to see it in. I guess I just have to plan out my time wisely and make good decisions with how I spend the days that I'm not in school. *sigh* Don't worry everyone, I'll figure it out. But for now, I'm just in a stage of boredom, since I'm in such a daily routine with nothing exciting going on and really not much to look forward to. Yes, I have trips, but none of them are set in stone and I still have to drag myself out of bed and to school in the mornings. Oh well, I'm done complaining. I'm still happy with my life for the moment and Belgium is treating me well! There is your emotional update on Emma Clark.

Anyways, today was a normal, average, nothing special day. I went to school, attempted to pay attention, doodled a lot, and played charades in Religion class. Yes, it's true, we do not do many productive things in that class. In fact, next Thursday we are all bringing in food and we will just eat for the hour. But we played charades today with movies and television series and it was fun. The nice thing about charades is that there is no talking involved. Just miming. And I'm good at that. Our team was the Princesses. Yes, we're princesses in real life. Be jealous. Talia came over after school and we hung out for a bit and I'm in the process of making my Rotary blazer cool, which is failing miserably. Anyways, I then ate dinner with the fam and went to dance. We're working on our dances for the show in June, and although they are quite easy, they're coming along nicely. It's definitely going to be... Different... From all the other shows I've ever done. We'll see how it goes. Now, it's bed time. Bonne nuit :)

No comments:

Post a Comment