Sunday, January 16, 2011

A Sunday Afternoon Stroll In The Park

It's Sunday. Which means that I normally have nothing to do, since it's practically impossible to go to church here when I don't drive. So I woke up around noon after a pretty restless night with weird dreams that weren't exactly calming. I went downstairs and talked with my host parents before we all ate lunch together. We had soup, like the usual Sunday, and a quiche. I couldn't tell you all that was in the quiche, because there was so much in it, but there were lots and lots of vegetables, some goat cheese, and cottage cheese. And I think a little bit of chicken. But it was still a very good quiche.

I then went with my host mom to a park to take a nice walk this Sunday afternoon since the weather was nice and it wasn't too cold. We took Léo with us, and he was very well behaved. He seemed to really like it too, though by the end I think he was kind of chilly. We walked around, pushing him in the stroller and pointing out all the different animals. With the blue sky and the sun, it was really a beautiful walk. And for all you Clevelanders, the park that we were at was very much like the Metroparks back home. I got a little nostalgic. There were a couple ponds and a stream that ran through it. And with the sun shining down between the trees, it was just really nice. There was a playground there too, and of course, since it's Europe, you normally have to pay to use it. But because it was Sunday, it was free. We took Léo and he had fun, especially once he discovered sand. He spent a good half hour just picking it handfuls of it and moving it to a different location inside this tiny playhouse. It was too cute because it sent him into giggles every time. That is, until another little boy threw sand in Léo's face, in which case he cried a little. But he is just the cutest little thing I've ever seen.

We finished up our stroll and packed everything back up in the car and went back home. I spent some time by myself after that until dinner, which I ate with my host parents and Benjamin, who is home from school. We just had sandwiches for dinner, which like I said, before, I do not mind at all. Then me and Benjamin talked a bit about a bunch of different things and I showered and now here I am, blogging about my not very exciting day. Tomorrow, I go to school and start another week. Woo! For now, bonne nuit tout le monde !

No comments:

Post a Comment