Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Oh Say Can You See?

Nothing of particular interest happened today, as seems to be the norm lately. I got up this morning, ON TIME! I went to school, sat through my classes, wrote a letter, and then at lunch, Talia and I went to the gym. Eduardo walked with us too because he had nothing else to do. We decided to do it this way today because she has three hours of étude after lunch and I have two. So we went up there, eating our lunch on the way, and did a little abbreviated version of our workout. I did forty minutes on the elliptical and twenty minutes of abs when it was all said and done. We then made our way back to school, stopping briefly at the pharmacy so Eduardo could pick up some Vitamin C pills, since he seems to be getting sick more often than back in Mexico.

We then went back to school and I went to my science class, and that was about the most interesting part of my day. We were there, and we somehow got on the subject of patriotism. And for some reason, we got into the differences between patriotism in America and in Belgium. My science teacher spent some time in Texas, I don't know if it was an exchange or what, but he was saying how just about everyone in the States knows the Star Spangled Banner, and then he asked how many people in the room knew all of the Belgian national anthem by heart, and only two people raised their hands. Then he asked me if I knew the whole Star Spangled Banner, and of course I said yes, because I do. But of course, that brought on every single person in the room asking me to sing. I said no repeatedly, but eventually I just said fine and I sang about half of it. And I sounded awful and my voice was way out of commission, but then everyone told me I sounded great and I have a beautiful voice... Which I don't understand but whatever. They should hear me on a good day, then they'd be impressed! Then we talked about school and university and driving and all the typical stuff that Belgians ask about the States.

I then finished my day and went home on the bus, where I met someone new who goes to the other school in Hannut. He was sad that Mikayla and I didn't go to that school. Anyway, I went home and ate way too much food and watched some Frasier before my host dad got home. Then I ate again with him, spaghetti, though I didn't eat much, and then I went to dance, where we are doing a dance to the opening number of one of my favorite musicals, "A Chorus Line". Of course, it's the movie version, which is lame, but hey I'll take it.

Now I'm exhausted and I have to shower... But then I shall be in bed and sleeping, hopefully by eleven. I better get on it! Goodnight all.

No comments:

Post a Comment