Saturday, February 12, 2011

Update: We Have Internet

So we have Internet back in the house where I'm staying right now. However, it doesn't seem to like to reach up to my room, so I have to use it downstairs. Which isn't a problem, it just happens to be slightly inconvenient.

This week has not been particularly interesting. The exchange students finished up our class with the Père Boly and next week we will begin going to our classes like all the rest of the students. Wednesday, I went to Liège on a mission with Mikayla. Our first mission was to eat the Spaghettios that my parents sent. We ate one can. Mission one accomplished. The second mission was for me. I had to find new pointe shoes. We found the store in Liège that my teacher had recommended and I successfully bought new pointe shoes and new tights. Mission two accomplished. The third was also for me; I had to exchange the Ice Watch that I bought my sister for Christmas. I was worried that they wouldn't exchange it because it had been two months since I bought it. But the woman was very understanding and realized that it took a while for me to send things home and back again and she let me exchange it. I couldn't get exactly the color I wanted, but I got her a really pretty purple one instead. So mission three was accomplished also. Mission four was to do cheap shopping for Mikayla at the MédiaCité. We made it there walking and did some nice shopping at the Primark and even got some Hagen Daas ice cream. We both got cones with one scoop of vanilla caramel brownie ice cream. I got whipped cream on mine too, which was a nice addition for me. And then we successfully caught a bus back to the train station and caught the first train. So misison four, also successful. All in all, it was a great day. Plus, her host mom was able to drive me home so I didn't have to worry about catching another bus.

Thursday, I went to dance as usual, where I tried out the new pointe shoes. And they're killer. I've never had such a problem breaking in pointe shoes. But it's not a big deal, it'll be fine in a while. Friday, yesterday, was an average day. I went to the gym after school, early, because our English teacher wasn't there. Also, we watched an incredible movie in Social Sciences. Seriously, it's a beautiful film. And it's in Spanish, with French subtitles and I did fine understanding it. I'm very proud of myself for that.

P.S. My host brother is currently watching me type in amazement. Because Americans all know how to type quickly and well and apparently it's incredible.

Back to my life. So today, I went to my dance class and it was a little better with my pointe shoes, but that's still gonna take some work. And in a about an hour, Romane is coming by and we're going to go to Liège to see a movie. We wanted to see The Black Swan, but it's not out in Belgium yet. So we're going to see something else, though I'm not sure what yet. Regardless, it'll be interesting to see how much of it I understand. And then she is going to spend the night here. Woo!

Here's to a great week. Bonne journée tout le monde !!

No comments:

Post a Comment