Friday, July 30, 2010

Flying... :/

I got an email yesterday that told me all about my flight. Which airline I'm taking, where I'll be leaving from, when I'm leaving etc etc. Now I had already known that I'm leaving on August 17th and I was told I'll be flying out of Philadelphia. I had also been told that I had to find my own way to get to Philly. Due to that fact, my parents and I had decided that it would be best to drive there and it was all going to work out perfectly because I was going to get to visit my Ryan (boyfriend :D) on the way there! (He is leaving on the 11th for the University of Pittsburgh) But also my sister had said she wasn't sure if she would want to come with us to see me off because of band camp... really... I'm not kidding...

HOWEVER!!!

Upon getting this email yesterday, I discovered that I am still flying out of Philly, but they have already scheduled me on a flight from Cleveland to Philadelphia! It was all included in cost, and I would leave around 11 30 in the morning... I think... If I recall correctly... So this works out for my sister being able to see me off and for the majority of my best friends to be there too. But what about Ryan?! Well then I later find out that he is coming back!!! He has to be there on the 11th for ROTC stuff, but he doesn't have to be there for class for a while after that, like the 23rd or something. Which I had already known, but he was just going to stay there in between that time. Well now he has decided that he will come back on the 15th!!! :D :D :D :D :D

I apologize for my super girly lovestruck ahhh moment, but it was necessary hehe Afterall, I am a teenage girl. It happens. I'm sure all you ladies out there would be just as ecstatic :)

So basically, I fly out of Cleveland on the 17th around 11 30am, get to Philly around 12 45, and have a 5 hour layover. Ughhhhhh. So then at 6 15 I leave Philly to go nonstop to Brussels and I'm supposed to get there the next morning at like 8 o'clock. Gahhh it all gets more and more real every day. Every time I find out something new about this trip it's like someone is smacking me in the face with a fish (I have no idea why I used that analogy) and I just have a reality check. Woah I'm going to Europe!!!

I have no real qualms about flying. I find it enjoyable. Though the last time I flew anywhere was 6th grade... But I remember liking it! Hehe I just hope I don't end up next to someone with bad motion sickness... I don't handle puke well... At all. Actually I'm quite scared of it. The only thing that I am really concerned about with the flight is doing it alone. Once I get to Philly I know that I'll be with a bunch of other exchange kids that are also on their way to Belgium. But I'm pretty sure I have to handle this first flight from Cleveland by myself and then figure out what I'm doing once I get to Philly. By myself. That is the scary part. And then once I do get to Brussels, what then?? I don't speak enough French to understand what people are going to be saying! And then I find my host family and then what?? How do I speak to them!! I speak some French (I had 4 years high school French) but not enough to have conversations... GAHH

Ok well I think that is enough rambling/complaining/rejoicing/whatever else emotional rollercoaster nonsense for one post... Wow this post has all kinds of emotion in it ha

1 comment:

  1. SO exciting! I can't wait to read about your adventures. make sure to get pics of food, too MMMMMM

    ReplyDelete