Friday, July 23, 2010

College...

Today is a contemplative day. Today I decided that it was time I started seriously thinking about how I'm going to go about the dilemma that is college applications. You see, I am technically taking a gap year by doing this exchange. Which is a great option for me because I don't think I could have handled college applications/auditions during my senior year while taking both high school and college courses and trying to get all of this exchange stuff in order. HOWEVER it is now proving to be quite the conundrum. I really really really REALLY want to pursue a major in theater/dance. Of course, these types of performing arts programs require an audition. And of course, attending an audition next year is quite impossible as I will be out of the country! Not to mention most schools won't defer acceptance into audition-based programs. So that is proving to be a real issue. So I am trying to figure out a way to still attend college for the fall of 2011. I really do not want to take a second year off when I get back, although that may be my only choice... Of course I thought of applying to schools with a different or undecided major that does not require an audition, and in that case it would probably be photography, but then I decided that if I'm going to be accepted into a school under a major like that, I should finish out the four years and get a degree. But then I have no training for what I want to do! GAH this problem is really kicking my butt... I guess that's the price I pay when I decide I'm going to do something enlightening and potentially life-altering...

4 comments:

  1. What a very pretty blog you have here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi from FYBF! That's exciting taking a gap year to go to Belgium.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Yah I'm so excited for this whole thing! It's going to be fantastic.

    Emma*

    ReplyDelete
  4. IF it comes down to it, you can always take a few classes at Tri-C and transfer them over. ;) No probs. Have fun.

    ॐ Gaurav.

    ReplyDelete