Tuesday, July 20, 2010

And So It Begins... Some Thoughts On Packing... And Leaving...

So once again, I'm posting late, and when I refer to "today", it really means yesterday.

So today, I made my first attempt at packing. It's much more difficult than I thought it would be. Because of course, I have to think about every single article of clothing I have and decide if I will wear it at all over the course of the next year. Not to mention the fact that I am allowed one 50-pound suitcase, a carry on, and a purse. (Although I'm pretty sure I'll just cough up the cash to take a second case) I have also discovered that I own wayyy too many pairs of pants and I cannot possibly take all of them. But then I realized that I don't even want to take many of the pairs because I don't really like them. Which then made me wonder why in the world I have them in the first place...

Anyways... I realized how difficult this is going to be. Not only do I have to decide what to take as far as clothing, but what about sentimental things? All the knick knacks that clutter the shelves and walls of my room? Pictures and figurines and posters and books and assorted dust-gatherers... Obviously I have no intention of packing my entire room, but I don't see how I could leave EVERYTHING behind. It's not as if I'm leaving for 2 weeks and coming back. Being gone a whole year, I think I am entitled to a few sentimental things. But it's hard to decide what to take and what to leave. And then I had an OHMYGOSHI'MGOINGTOBELGIUM moment. I'm beginning to realize what I'm about to do in roughly 26 days... I have a whole list of things that I have to go buy before I go and it keeps getting longer and more expensive... Part of which is underwear. I hate buying underwear. But I realized today that I don't have any decent underwear. So that's something I'm gonna have to go get :P

But pretty much, it's just beginning to sink in and it's freaking me out.

Tis all.

No comments:

Post a Comment