Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The French Are Coming!

Well, more like Courtney is coming... And she's American. But she comes tomorrow and I am so excited! We are picking her up at the airport tomorrow around 3pm and we are going to spend the whole weekend together. It's going to be really nice to see someone that I know from the States I think. I have Talia and Mikayla, but it is going to be great to see someone that I have been friends with for years instead of months... No offense guys, it's just not the same.

Today I went to an outlet mall with my host mom, her goddaughter Philipine, and Talia. Karine wanted to take Philipine to pick something out for her birthday. The thing about outlet malls here is that the discount prices are not all that discounted... All the stores are pretty high end and not really my style. So needless to say, I didn't buy anything. Talia and I just went into each, looked through the very limited inventory, and left without even picking anything up. So yes, that was a bit disappointing, considering I really still need a coat. But the walking was nice because the weather was decent today and Talia and I had good conversation. Not to mention that we all got ice cream also. Well, gelato. I got tiramisu flavor. Yum! But it was shocking at the first bite how sweet it was. I'm going to get so fat here...

I also received a package from home today. It was fantastic! It included my Dazzler sweatpants, my sheet music, peanut butter, Halloween candy, and some other stuff. My daddy wrote me novel of a letter, and that was wonderful to read. I really miss my daddy...

Talia is spending the night tonight. We made dinner (mac n cheese and Hawaiian oven pizza). Right now, she is raiding my closet while I continue writing my novel. I'm progressing well I think. I have about eight pages and 4,250 words. 27 days, 45,750 words to go. But pretty soon, we'll be crashing for the night, as COURTNEY IS COMING TOMORROW!!!

Ok, excitement building. Must sleep. Goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could have commented on this before, but I was sleeping in a hostel, sans computer, anticipating seeing you!!!! We had such a great weekend :) I need to write about it, but i dont want to on this french keyboard, maybe I will anyways...

    ReplyDelete